24: Making Connections
If you are a developer looking for a job, Hired is a fantastic place to start looking. If you accept a job through Hired they will give you a $1,000 signing bonus. Even better yet, if you use our link at https://hired.com/doesnotcompute they'll double that to $2,000! What are you waiting for?
What should people do to prepare for getting a new job? - @mcmahonial
- Be honest on your resume, keep things short and sweet.
- Paul's resume breaks almost every rule where he doesn't use a cover letter, doesn't use a lot of buzzwords
- Use tools like hired or job boards to see what's out there - do your research!
- As best you can, pick and choose who you apply to for work - Vet your future employers!
- Check in with employees of a company that you might want to work for - Look for signs of burnout or stress.
- Check out conferences and meetups if you can - they're a great way to meet people and make connections in the industry (connections <=> jobs).
Join Us On Slack
If you've enjoyed the show so far, reach out to us on twitter at @seanwashington and @paulstraw, or join us in the Spec.fm slack community at http://spec.fm/slack!
Leave us a review!
Last but not least, if you haven't rated or reviewed the show yet and you'd like to do us a huge favor, you can do so by clicking here!